Phần mở đầuGhi nhớ
Trong các bài trước Dayhoctienganh.net đã giới thiệu các cặp từ thường dễ bị nhầm lẫn trong bài thi trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh. Trong bài này chúng ta hãy thử làm một vài bài tập và xem đáp án, có giải thích cụ thể.
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the sentence. (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp nhất cho khoảng trống của câu).
1) Dorothy loves …… man now.
|A/ other||B/ others|
|C/ another||D/ other than|
2) That murderer is ….. for his cruelty.
|A/ famous||B/ well-known|
|C/ notoriously||D/ infamous|
3) The Prime Minister entered, …. by some of his bodyguards.
|A/ preceded||B/ proceeded|
|C/ preceeded||D/ proceded|
4) The world would be safer with …. bombs and …. hostility.
|A. less / fewer||B. little / less|
|C. little / fewer||D. fewer / less|
5) They returned to the ….. of the murder.
|A/ landscape||B/ scenery|
|B/ scene||D/ view|
6) After the transplant, her body ….. the new kidney.
|A/ rejected||B/ refused|
|C/ deny||D/ disagreed|
7) The government offered a …… of providing health care to everyone.
|A/ politics||B/ political|
|C/ politic||D/ policy|
8) Farmers import most of their ….. and materials.
|A/ machine||B/ motor|
|C/ engine||D/ machinery|
9) If you want a job in a big company, you have to see the director of ……
|A/ person||B/ personality|
|C/ personel||D/ personal|
10) The damage done by ….. erosion was increased by the …… storms.
|A. continue / continuous||B. continual / continue|
|C. continual / continuous||D. continuous / continual|
11) We were ….. for Helen’s birthday party when we learned that she had …. left.
|A. prepared / all ready||B. already / all ready|
|C. all ready / already||D. already / already|
12) How ……. petrol do you need?
|A/ many||B/ amount|
|C/ some||D/ much|
13) Everyone was invited …. me.
|A/ accept||B/ exclude|
|C/ excepted||D/ except|
14) We’ll be arriving at the airport about 10:00 a.m. Can you …… the car round at 10:30?
|A/ take||B/ carry|
|C/ bring||D/ hold|
15) My teacher was an ….. from Russia; he …….. to the USA three years ago.
|A. emigrant / immigrated||B. immigrant / emigrated|
|C. emigrant / emigrated||D. migrant / migrated|
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting (Hãy chọn từ hoặc cụm từ được gạch dưới cần phải điều chỉnh lại cho đúng).
16) An extended family consists not only (A) of parents and children but also of others (B) relatives, such as (C) grandparents and unmarried (D) aunts and uncles.
17) Our galaxy is so much (A) huge that it takes starlight (B) hundreds of thousands of years to travel (C) from one side of it to the other (D).
18) Only a small (A) percent (B) of the class will graduate (C) with honours (D).
19) If you’re going to (A) Denver, don’t forget (B) to take (C) me back (D) a souvenir.
20) There was fewer (A) damage after (B) the tornado than (C) we had expected at first (D).
21) A good (A) diet will help (B) you stay (C) healthful (D).
22) After (A) the accident (B), she was barely (C) live (D).
23) In (A) painting, an arm pointing (B) directly at the spectator so that few (C) more than the hand can be seen is said to be (D) strongly “foreshortened”.
24) One affect (A) of being poor (B) is not having (C) enough (D) food for your family.
25) I grew up next to (A) DIA. What I remember most from (B) my childhood is the continuous (C) roaring (D) of jet planes.
26) It was so (A) a pretty (B) view that (C) he took a photograph of (D) it.
27) Lack (A) of sleep will effect (B) your athletic (C) ability in the game (D) tomorrow.
28) We need to work with any (A) government that wants to assist (B) the United States in efforts (C) to curb elicit (D) narco-trafficking.
29) Some (A) people are so (B) disinterested (C) in politics that they do not even (D) bother to vote.
30) The climatic (A) scene (B) was a firework (C) play (D).